Today Jazak Allahu khayr or any du’aa took on a whole new meaning. Today I fully understood how lost I am. How weak I am. How much more deserving I am of the hell fire than Jannah. So when someone makes that du’aa for me. When they ask for Allah to give me His greatest reward I feel comforted. I reply with wa iyyak (and to you) because I am forever grateful for the assistance they have provided in bringing me closer to my Lord and only wish to provide the same for them.
Ya Allah your servants are weak. Our hearts are sick and prone to sickness. Protect our hearts from dying without your guidance. Ya Allah please purify us through tawbah and not of the fire. Let us be amongst your servants that shall never see the punishment of the fire. Allahumma Ameen thumma Ameen!
I’m not sure what the future holds but I do know that I’m going to be positive and not wake up feeling desperate. As my dad said Nic, it is what it is, it’s not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is.
I was raised with the mentality that a man is a King and a woman is a Queen. They rule their lives and govern their affairs justly. They treat each other with respect and honor. The woman must give her King the confidence and inspiration to rule wisely and just. The man must hold his Queen at a status above all women. He must never offend or wrong her. She is or will be the Mother/Teacher/Mentor to his heirs. They are proud of one another, they are loyal to each other, and they are devoted to each other. They act and treat each other like royalty. The best of the best.
I dont get why so many young men and women these days cannot see them selves better than they actually are. You’re not trash. You’re not some hood-rat. You’re not low class. You’re royalty. So act like it.
There are so many times that I wish I could react a lot better or wiser to the mistakes that my friends and family make. But it’s so hard not to get enraged. I love them more than I love myself and I kind of feel like the people I love are not allowed to make mistakes.
I was once asked for my hand in marriage by a really attractive individual. He didnt have “swagg”-no. No this guy had class. Some knowledge of Islam under his belt plus some baggage but Ma sha Allah he was working on it. I would have been glad to accept his offer until he mentioned that he lived with his very well off parents for his whole 24 years of living and assured that there would never be any problems financially if we lived with them. I turned his very attractive self down.
Why? He asked the same question.
1. I am a very moral person so character is everything to me. One of the things I find least attractive is a person without a sense of morality. As charismatic as this guy was, the moment he mentioned depending on his parents I was convinced he had none.
2. A person who has no morals does whatever pleases them. They are likely to be selfish and/or inconsiderate towards humanity and even more likely to be reckless.
3. A person of morality stands for something. They stand for the rights of themselves as well as others. What, was he expecting me to marry the opposite? I have morals myself you know but I digress.
4. There is no dignity in depending on others even if they be your parents. Nor is it attractive.
5. If you don’t stand for the rights of yourself or for your dignity how could you even begin to stand for another’s?
6. He was a nice guy but not headstrong enough for a wife (I have a very noble definition of wife) he needed to mature.
7. I AM A QUEEN. What I look like moving into another Queen’s castle? Invasion of kingdoms always result to war.
8.After all of this I’ve decided that I was too Wo for his Man. If that’s what he called it.
This post wasn’t meant to insult him it was meant as a warning to all men to never ask a woman to move in with your folks. (I have a very noble definition of woman).